Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dust




Why are you chasing devils my love? Do they drink with you and laugh remorselessly when your rage comes. I can smell them on your breath like death. Are you afraid my love, afraid of the pain that clings to every morning, like dust on the shelves? Are you afraid when you sleep, when you scream, when you fuck? Is love the only solace the day brings, but too late, too little, too much? When you left, my heart soared...but no further than these walls that ache for your presence. I cursed you my love, for not having the strength to hang on, for letting go and falling into the emptiness. Do you like it my love, need it, want it. That emptiness that binds us, holds us too the promise of all regret and insolence. Why are you chasing devils my love...why? Because they are there, as I am. Bursting with the same rage, the same love, the same bitter pills of illumination. Don't leave again, don't leave again my love, nor chase the devils. My hands are softer than those jagged edges you call home and my stomach is empty.

-AAB

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Chaque fois que je lis tes textes, Aaron, je ne peux empêcher mon esprit de partir loin, très loin...
Tu es étonnant...
Much love,
Bisous
Caro