Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Have Known You



I have known you since the beginning. You left no footprint to mark your passage, but I know you were there, invisible, like stone, like wind, like water and the emptiness of time.

I have known your name for a thousand years, carried on my breath in silent revelry, in unnamed places where lovers touch, empires die, spring falls, lions roar and willows rage against the light.

I've known your face for a thousand years, walked its deep lines and shining pallor, with tears, with laughter, with joy, with fear, with lust and the immutable, decaying, mortal coil.

I have gazed into your eyes for a thousand years, delighted, reflected, naked and raw. I've seen them burn with my desire and loneliness, like the eyes of devils, lost children, the starving, deceivers, the trodden, the drunks and the faithful.

I have walked with you for a thousand years, in dreams and on paths of all that has ever been, alone, brave, divine, shattered. Where death dissipates, where nothing matters, and the earth trembles beneath our feet.

I have spoken to you for a thousand years. Spoken, precious and sacred words, so beautiful, so broken. I have known you now, forever still. Unashamed to hold on, to love, to die, to fight, to surrender.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A thousand years is a long time but maybe not enough to correct all our mistakes, neither to know how to love somebody who deserves it, I think that maybe is not that long.

Se bueno