Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blank Page

The aspect of this blank page, this emptiness that resembles cold snow in an barren field, this defiant void of white noise, staring back at me, taunting me, teasing my senses with promises of redemption, depravity and solace if I only give in...release, expel, explain...

I've been fucking staring at you for 2 hours...and nothing has happened. Though I've committed to your blankness, I've nothing to commit. So I sit...and I stare...barely able to breathe, to think, to dream, to desire and engage your provocation...your whim...your absolute silence.

What can I say? Today...against all odds...I've nothing to say. Nothing to reveal. Nothing...but this moment...here with you. I think I'll have another cigarette, sit and stare...just a while longer...

No comments: